The most important new feature in Studio Developer is the new action diagrammer that combines the power, familiarity and strengths of the legacy toolset with many new features, including:
- Keyboard entry - use the keyboard to enter and modify statements
- Undo/Redo - changes made to the action diagram can be undone and redone like most text based editors
- Flexible editing - The diagram supports partially complete or invalid statements, which provides greater flexibility when editing statements since the diagram only has to be consistent when you want to save changes to the local model.
- Copy/Paste - statements can be copied / pasted between action diagrams and also across models
- Auto-suggest / complete - powerful wizards are available to auto-complete common statements
- Statement Numbers - statements numbers are available, making locating statements easier
- Code Snippets - common code can be placed in a shared 'snippet' library for easy reuse
Statements are typed in using the keyboard with auto-complete.